We all know that coconut oil is good for the skin and body, but what about where to buy it? If you are looking for coconut oil online, there are many places to find it. This article will help you find the best place to buy it in your area so that you can reap the benefits of this great product.
Many online sites promote unrefined, pure and natural coconut oil. They explain the benefits of unrefined, pure and natural coconut oil and how it works to improve the skin and the body. Refined, synthetic coconut oil has become a popular product with some people. However, these products do not contain the vitamins and other healthy nutrients that come from unrefined, pure and natural oils.
Coconut milk and smoothies are one of the top ways that people use coconut oil. Coconut milk smoothies can be made quickly and easily at home. It is easily incorporated into any kind of smoothie. Some of the health benefits of using unrefined coconut oil with smoothies include:
* Boosts metabolism. Eating foods high in calories can increase your body’s need for food. Unrefined, pure coconut oils are very rich in calories. Therefore, eating a high-calorie diet and drinking lots of calories can quickly take a person’s appetite to the maximum. For instance, eating two hot dogs and a glass of milk every day will burn off a good portion of a person’s daily energy intake.
* Boosts weight loss. Most people today are looking to lose extra fat, but there are a lot of people who like to consume fatty and sugary foods like coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil has a lot of benefits when it comes to helping you lose weight. For one thing, it helps burn more calories than refined coconut oils and some other natural organic fats.
* Improves heart health. Most people believe that saturated fats, like coconut oil, are bad for the heart. This is because lactic acid is a medium chain fatty acids and it is also known as monolaurin. Monolaurin is believed to help reduce cholesterol levels. It does this by dissolving plaque buildup in arteries and heart vessels which results in improved blood flow and healthier heart function.
* Improves immunity and durability. There are a lot of people who believe that consuming fat is good for the body but not when it comes to fighting against viruses and bacteria. Virgin coconut oil is known to contain antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is also rich in medium-chain fatty acids and can be used to prevent or relieve some common diseases like diabetes, HIV, and arthritis. Other properties of coconut oil that make it beneficial to include being able to protect the skin from sun damage, having antioxidant properties and improving the digestion process.
Coconut oil comes in different natural forms like raw, semi-fresh, and pressed. The raw form of the oil is best used for cooking and preparing meals at home, because it contains all the nutrients that you need to maintain your health and immune system. Semi-fresh and processed forms of the oil have been made from pasteurized coconut meat and are excellent for cooking purposes. Cold-pressed coconut is hard and dense and contain more vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are unrefined.
While you can use both refined and virgin coconut oil in cooking, it is advisable to use refined coconut oil for deep-fried foods and other similar dishes because it is healthier and is less likely to accumulate toxins in the body. Refined coconut oil is mostly extracted from the meat and the fruit for better cooking results and to improve the shelf life of the product. Virgin coconut oil, on the other hand, is obtained directly from the coconut meat and should be used if you want a simple solution for cooking. Virgin coconut oil is great for treating skin conditions, hair care and skin problems like acne and eczema since it is very effective for improving the elasticity and moisture content of the skin.
* Top with ice cubes for dessert. Did you know that coconut oil makes for an excellent substitute for cream cheese when you’re in need of a healthy dip? You can make green smoothies using skim milk instead of coconut milk. The resulting green smoothies are rich in protein and high in fiber. These make an excellent alternative for pancakes and muffins.
These are just some of the many ways in which refined vs. unrefined coconut oil benefits you. The best thing to do is to experiment a little bit. There’s no harm in trying something new, right? Just make sure to keep in mind the “here’s to the healthy” motto.